Monday, June 4, 2012

Trinity Sunday marks Prudence's return to MAKING GOD LAUGH!

Yesterday was Trinity Sunday, and Prudence was feeling a bit on the tired side, so she didn't really do anything too productive apart from "Double Mass-it," as my Canadian-Friend has dubbed my behavior of going to more than one weekend Mass (and he also says I'm nuts for that... and I just say I need all the grace I can get so Boom on that one, eh?)
Self-explanatory.
NOTE: I <3 my Canadian friend. And S/O to my Canadian follower and fellow blogger, TH2!

And (soapbox moment)....
Photo Cred: Myanderings
Can I just say that doing this does not make me a nutcase? I have commitments - I sing in the 8:30 choir; but sometimes, I get up and I'm barely functioning that early in the morning and THEN you put me up in a choir loft and have about 100-150 people (and babies) between me and what I'm supposed to be focusing on ... it just doesn't work out! So.. I added another Mass later in the evening that many of the Youth I work with attend. I sometimes sing in the choir (but dislike that because I get easily distracted there too AND the choir area is way over on the side and I can't see... which means I don't focus...) and also serve as an EM and have filled in as lector as needed. Yes, I realize that I've fulfilled my obligation by attending the 8:30 Mass, BUT if I'm too busy staring at the baby that's being all cute right below me and being distracted by people tearing checks out of their checkbooks for offertory during the Homily right beside me, don't judge me for wanting to go back so I can pay attention at the later Mass time. Gosh. (/soapbox moment).
See. Cute babies are distracting. But she didn't distract me at Church. This mah Godbaby. Loves her.
A*N*Y*W*A*Y... I spent my Trinity Sunday fighting exhaustion (it's the end of the quarter and it's been a trying, busy, and emotional roller coaster last few weeks). I was going to go for a run, but decided my Casper white-skin needed some Vitamin-D and so I sat out by my apartment complex's pool on what didn't feel to be a very warm day, reading The Spiritual Legacy of Sister Mary of the Holy Trinity (which seemed appropriate given it was Trinity Sunday and all...)

Here's Sister Mary! But she won't turn the right way... She's saved "hotdog style" but she keeps uploading all "hamburger-like" so... Meh.
It's funny these books I've turned to to read for spiritual guidance, no matter what happens in life or where I start reading from in the book, there always seems to be something that speaks to me on a profound level. It happened with Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul too (which ::sheepish:: I stopped reading after Notebook 1. I'll pick it back up some time, I'm sure...) Perhaps I'll dedicate another post to that...
Jesus I Trust in You!
So now, Prudence is starting FINALS WEEK (and for the first time in her college and post-graduate carrer - HAS NO FINALS! I just give one on Thursday yay!) and diving headlong into dissertation work for the summer. And planning a mission trip to Appalachia for our Youth Group. And singing for some weddings. And moderating an online class. And planning for teaching in the fall. And moving. ..... Here I come summer. Full steam ahead!

And... I'm disproportionately "tanned" (READ: look like a lobster with my Celtic #1 skin) from my not very warm but high UV index day of poolside reading... I'm sure that makes God laugh...

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little late, Miss Thorne - but thanks for the mention, eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Talk about late. I've been away from the blogging scene for a while :(

    ReplyDelete