Friday, March 15, 2013

Leading Lady of My Own Life!

Things that I've reflected on since last week's post where I asked
"What makes you laugh? What makes you smile? Why do you care? Or why don't you care?" -Prudence Thorne, last Friday (March 8, 2013)
(Yes, I'm quoting myself. All bloggers do that. We're so humble.)

Honestly.. I need to be on a journey to re-discover these things.

So: What makes me laugh? Funny jokes, silly mistakes, people being goofy, funny movies, nature's mishaps.... those things make me laugh. But I don't feel like I've REALLY laughed for a while.
Photo Cred: Be Active Decatur!

What makes me smile? Beautiful days, friends, babies (especially my neffie, Mr. Li-man as my Baby J calls him), geese, fancy dresses, and awesome shoes.


Silly Goose

Why do I care? HUM DINGER here!!! I care... SO MUCH... about alot of things. And people. Probably more than most people really know. Too much in some cases. If you're my friend, I would literally do anything to help you out. Sometimes this deep way of caring is problematic when people don't seem to care that you care so much. They don't acknowledge it all the time or.. I don't even know. But I also care too much about what other people think of me and what I do. I've let it control and dominate how I act/react, how I behave, and what I do. And you know what? I shouldn't. Because, I'm pretty awesome just as I am, regardless of what other people think!
I care. Yup.
But.. it takes constant reminders to myself that I am. I work on this all the time. More so now that I've identified it as a problem that I've been dealing with for at least a year, if not my whole life.

One of the cutest actor-old men of all time, Eli Wallach, portraying Arthur in that Christmas movie that I can't think of the name of right now but has Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet and Jude Law and Jack Black in it as well (funny I can think of every actor and character... but not the name of the movie...I could look it up but I don't want to)...

D'aww look how cute Eli Wallach is. Photo Cred: Scribe Meets World
ANYWAY..  Eli Wallach playing this old man, Arthur, who used to be a screenwriter, tells his new friend, Kate Winslet (who does everything for everyone but doesn't take care of herself so much) that she needs gumption like all the leading ladies of old Hollywood films. And that's what I need too... Kate Winslet's character makes the bold claim:

"I should be the leading lady of my own life!"

And gosh darn it... she's right. I should be. So... here we go!

The name of the movie is The Holiday, I google searched the quote to make sure I had it right, and it came up. Teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment