Friday, December 23, 2011

Flight of the Prudence.

I'm back in Another Small Town for Christmas. I flew in Tuesday but, per usual, was delayed before even leaving the first airport. I'm all for enacting rules about pilots not flying a sh!t-ton, but make sure you don't schedule said-pilots to fly a sh!t-ton and then realize that oh they can't fly this last leg because they've already met their limit. I mean right? Duh
Photo Cred: Music Master Oldies

After being delayed about an hour while we waited for a new captain to arrive on scene AND being rescheduled to a new flight into my final destination city because my layover was only 40 minutes in connecting city, we boarded the plane and I had the luxury of being seated next to EXTREMELY DRUNK LADY named 'B,' who, I learned, had never ever flown before. I mean, this lady was LIT. Poor thing. She lost her ticket when someone walked by and it swooped out of her hands about 4 rows back so she got up to go get it (not that it really mattered - she was already on the plane and in her correct seat. I've NEVER seen flight attendants check tickets after you're seated unless someone questions an assignment). So... that happened. And she was loud. But she was a happy drunk.
Photo Cred: Car Seat Blog

Shortly after everyone appeared to have boarded the plane, a TSA official squatted down in the aisle by our row and told 'B' that she would have to get off the plane because she was intoxicated. 'B' was in disbelief, and he responded that she couldn't even put on her seat belt to which she responded "but I'm trying!" ....Long story short, 'B' got off the plan on her own, but her boyfriend and son-in-law stayed on the plane and went to connecting city without her. Poor 'B'. I suppose she still has never flown before.

So now I'm in Another Smalltown taking part in Christmas festivities with family and friends. There's lots of fun in store ahead for me... Stay tuned for a riveting account of what's in store for Prudence over the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment